Arthritis Natural Remedies, Dietary Guidelines and Herbal Treatments
Arthritis is a common disorder of joints with symptoms such as painful joints, swelling, stiffness and locking sensation, restriction of free movement and redness of skin surrounding the joint. Other symptoms that can be seen in this condition are -
1. Crepitus or crunching sound while moving joint 2. Fever 3. Constipation 4. Joint deformity 5. Colitis
Natural Remedies for Arthritis
Here are some effective natural remedies, dietary guidelines and herbal treatments for relieving arthritis.
1. It is possible to arrest the progression of arthritis by altering one's life style. Sedentary life style is discouraged. The patients should try to keep themselves active to the extent tolerable to the aching joints. Leaving joints idle would make them stiffer, but also over working the joints through repetitive movements would wear them out further. So patients are to follow a balanced course of activity. Pressure on ailing joints can be reduced by controlling body weight. This may be done through light physical exercise and dieting.
2. Diet of an arthritis patient should be rich in omega3 fatty acids. Fish oil consumption and feasting on sweet water fishes like salmon, sardines, tuna, herring, mackerel etc are beneficial in this respect. Consumption of beef, pork, meat, yeast should be avoided, for they lead to increased uric acid production in the body, and are also conducive to causing obesity. High purine content food items are to be avoided. The patients should cut down on soft drinks and caffeine intake and include large amounts of green, leafy vegetables and fresh fruits in diet. Fruits like black berries, pomegranates are rich in antioxidants that aid the tissue repairing process. Drinking of green tea too can supply the damaged joints with antioxidant.
3. Apart from exercise and proper nutrition the patient may also be on NSAIDs or non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, naproxen, narcotic pain relievers like acetaminophen, glucocorticoids or anti-inflammatory steroids, azathioprine, methotrexate, hyaluronan injections and DMARDâs or disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs. However these medicines are to be taken strictly under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
4. Herbs like nettle and yucca can treat arthritis with considerable success. The sodium, potassium and calcium content in nettle makes it a highly beneficial arthritis herb. Also saffron, a natural hydrochloric acid cleanses the system of uric acid, thereby checking gout.
5. Rumatone Gold Oil and Capsules are the products of choice for those suffering with this painful condition of joints. Apply rumatone gold oil gently on the affected area and take two capsules of rumatone gold twice a day for faster relief.
Find how Arthritis Supplement helps to reduce inflammation and pain. Know about Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Relief Supplements. Read information about Arthritis Natural Treatment.